WEDDING – What you must do

What you must do before you can get married 

The short answer is you must provide me with the following documents either in English language or a certified NAATI translation :

  • Photo evidence of identification ( e.g.  a drivers licence )
  • If previously married evidence of the end of that marriage              ( Divorce or Death of Spouse )
  • Evidence of your age and birthplace ( see below  )

You must also complete :

  •  A Notice of Intended Marriage (NOIM)  ( Download form ) and it must be given to me at least one month before the wedding date.

As your Celebrant, I can guide you through completing this form

The longer answer is explained in all the pages and links below. I am happy to answer any questions.

Evidence of your age and birthplace

If you were born in Australia you need to provide your Celebrant with an original Birth Certificate, if you do not have one it can be purchased from the Births Deaths and Marriages office in the State in which you were born. see links   Your Australian Passport can also be used for this evidence of place and date of birth. NOTE you must either provide your birth certificate or your  Australian Passport

If you were born outside Australia your Passport ( either Australian or Overseas Passport )will be accepted in place of a Birth Certificate. If you have no Passport or Birth Certificate other arrangements can be made.

If you have a problem providing the required documentation please contact me as there are arrangements in place for special circumstances and I will do everything possible to make sure that you can get married.

If the services of a translator or interpreter are required, the Attorney General recommends that they are found through the NAATI  website and that the translator or interpreter is accredited at Level 3 or higher.

If you have been married before you must provide evidence of the end of the marriage.

•If your previous marriage ended in Divorce you must provide a Certificate of Divorce. If you do not have this you can get one by applying for one from The Family Law Courts

•If your previous marriage ended because of the Death of your spouse you must provide a Death Certificate  see links


I live at Yanco NSW and normally provide services in Leeton, Griffith and Narrandera in The Murrumbidgee Irrigation Area of NSW.

The price for a wedding is not fixed and is by agreement between the Celebrant and the Couple.

I usually charge $550 total cost which includes :

  • Ceremony preparation.
  • Solemnising of the marriage.
  • Lodgement of marriage documents
  • Official NSW Marriage Certificate (valued at $60  )  
  • A rehearsal if requested

There are no hidden extras

Includes unlimited calls, texts, emails.

If you only require a basic “  legals only” wedding with less than 10 people present , I charge a total  cost of $450

If you do not want me to apply for an Official Marriage Certificate on your behalf the cost will be reduced by $60 .( This is not recommended as you need this certificate for Immigration, Passport or other legal actions )

I am willing to travel to Outback areas but we must discuss the extra charge to cover my travel costs